Once the form is downloaded to your computer, you can print it, then complete it using a pen and return the form to us by mail.
The form is in Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) format and in order to complete the download you will need to have the Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer.
Click here to download the Grant Application Form.
2017 Funding Schedule to confirm closing dates of the next funding round.
Applications must be mailed directly to Trust Aoraki Limited
Only signed, pre-printed or downloaded forms are acceptable.
Alternatively, you can contact us directly. We will send you a Grant Application Form and assist you with your application if help is needed.
Access to Grant Application Forms
- Application forms are freely available in clear public view next to the gaming machines at member sites as well as at various other locations. Photocopies or faxed copies cannot be accepted. Forms downloaded from this website are acceptable.
- The application form must be completed by the applicant only.
- Site operators cannot make any decisions or recommendations about applications and cannot receive completed application forms. These must be forwarded directly to Trust Aoraki Limited.
- All applications are subject to availability of funds and compliance with Authorised Purposes.
Completion of an application form does not constitute approval of the request for funds or, if approved, does not mean that further payments to the same recipient or for the same purpose will be approved in the future.
Method of Payment
Trust Aoraki Limited is required to pay grants only by direct credit to an applicant s bank account. Payments are usually made within ten working days of a grant being approved.
Audit and Inspection
- The records of Trust Aoraki Limited are liable for inspection by the Department of Internal Affairs and are subject to audit.
- Applications are made on the understanding that if any Department of Internal Affairs officer so requests, the applicant organisation/body shall agree to and participate in (at its own expense) any such inspection and/or audit.
The Department requires that all applications include a Consent of Audit signed by the applicant organisation/body to verify receipt and correct use of funds.
- All applications will be audited by Trust Aoraki Limited. There will be a request for invoices and receipts to support quotations submitted with applications. If there is a change of circumstances or costs, this office should be notified in writing and approval sought for any proposed re-allocation of funds.
- In the event that adequate audit documentation for a grant cannot be obtained, actual costs are less than those indicated in the application, funds are spent other than for the approved Authorised Purpose, there is any other irregularity in the donation process or the applicant has received funding from another source for the same purpose, then Trust Aoraki Limited is required to obtain a refund of the grant.
Who will consider the grant applications
Murray Roberts, Managing Director
Joined Trust Aoraki Limited in 2012. Recently taken semi retirement after 24 years as NZ Business Manager for the Geneva Headquartered inspection, testing and verification company SGS. Long serving Board and/or Committee member on a number of SC sporting and community groups. Now acting as a Business Advisor/Consultant.
Lee King, Board Member
Lee brings extensive knowledge of the fitness, sport and education sectors to the Board table. Her vision for a healthy, active and vibrant South Canterbury community fits well with the Trust Aoraki Limited values.
Howard Smith, Board Chairman
Owner-Operator of New World Timaru, Board and Chairperson of Economic Development organisation for over 10 years.
Anne-Marie McRae, Board Member
Joined Trust Aoraki Limited board in 2012. Lawyer at Gresson Dorman and Co (Crown prosecution and other litigation work). Trustee of South Canterbury Hockey Turf Trust, President of Timaru Parents Centre.
David Jack, Board Member
Timaru born, former publican and Timaru District Councillor of 9 years, David brings his gaming machine and Council Chairman of Grants experience to the table. David owns and operates local firm Thompsons Refrigeration Services.
Murray Cleverley, Board Member
Murray has 15 years experience in management and is committed to South Canterbury and its people. He holds other directorships which add value to his work with Trust Aoraki. Murray holds post-graduate diplomas in Business & Economic Development. He is currently Chairman of the S C District Health Board.