Approved by the Department of Internal Affairs – August 2002
Funds available for distribution will be applied to any charitable, philanthropic or cultural purpose, or any other purpose that is beneficial to the community or any section of it.
This includes but is not limited to:
- The provision, or assistance in the provision, of facilities, equipment or playing/training uniforms for sporting clubs and amateur sporting teams affiliated to the appropriate regional or national body, playing in recognised, published leagues or competitions, and/or
- Grants for charitable purposes including the relief of poverty, or welfare assistance through donations to recognised social service or welfare agencies, and/or
- Grants to educational or training organisations for scholarships or equipment that is administered by the recipient educational organisation, and/or
- Grants to recognised cultural or philanthropic activities or groups.
With the exception of grants to national societies or agencies, funds are mainly distributed within the local community in which they are raised.
No payment, commission or any other kind of reward, financial or otherwise, can be attached or demanded as a precondition for either the issuing of a grant application form or the payment of a grant.
Authorised Purposes must benefit the community and not result in commercial or personal gain. The Trust Aoraki Limited Board of Directors met on 17th October 2018 and considered the criteria for the distribution of Net Proceeds. The criteria was reviewed and accepted and can be viewed here Donation Criteria October 18
Complaints about the conduct at any of the gaming venues, or the conduct of Trust Aoraki Limited or issues regarding unsuccessful grant applications must be in writing and may be directed to:
Trust Aoraki Limited
P.O. Box 384
Secretary of Internal Affairs
Southern Region Gaming Compliance Unit
P.O. Box 1308
Ph: 0800 257 887
At the biennial Strategic Planning meeting on 17th October 2018 the board of Trust Aoraki Limited did review and agreed to maintain their current systems and methods of distribution of net proceeds and organisation management.
Groups, events or trips which are predominantly social in nature
- Family Reunions.
- Social Clubs and sports supporters’ clubs.
- Sporting trips for supporters or spectators.
- Costs associated with staging ‘after match’ functions for sporting groups.
- Provision or subsidy for costs of entertainment, food or refreshments.
- Grants to non-affiliated sports clubs.
- Equipment or apparel of a personal nature.
Note: Trust Aoraki Limited does not provide grants for party political purposes, despite this being permitted under prevailing legislation.